In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we are making needed adjustments to this year’s Walk for Good Food. The goal of the Walk is to fund non-profit organizations that address issues of food access and poverty. Right now, inequities in our food system are heightened as the most vulnerable in our community are impacted by COVID-19through loss of income, access to meals, and more.We need aGood Food Systemthat functions for everyone, especially in times of crisis. The non-profit organizations receiving funding from this year’s walk need your supportin this difficult season as we work together to create a thriving food system for all. We are all working hard to meet the challenges of COVID-19 in our community right now.
This year, we are inviting you to Walk for Good Food in your own neighborhood. While there are many things in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community, you can still go for a walk! You do need to continue to follow social distancing guidelines and other directives made by public health officials and government leaders. We encourage you to walk individually or with your household and maintain a six feet distance from anyone else. You can do your walk anytime between May 3rd and May 13th.
How you can participate and encourage others to do so too:
- Share the Walk for Good – in your community Facebook post with your friends, families and Neighbors - Create signs and posters with your kids and put in your windows and yards with the hashtag #Walk4GoodFood2020
- Join SECOM’s Facebook event “Walk for Good Food 2020” for up to date information
- Get outside every day and go for a walk during May 3rd-May 13th
- Post pictures and share on social media that you are walking and don’t forget to tag #Walk4GoodFood2020
- Donate to SECOM’s goal of raising $500. Click the Broccoli picture below to donate!